So, you just have a day in El Nido? Well, to be honest, it is almost impossible to cover those divine beaches and stunning nature of the surrounding archipelago in just one day. After all, El Nido trip is all about visiting those remote islands and lunar all about the Filipino culture. Visitors book flights to el Nido online and go for island hopping tours and to enjoy kayaking, diving, and snorkeling.
|Photo: Chalo S-Klee, Let's Palawan|
For those wondering how to spend a day in El Nido, well, they are just on the right page. All they need to do is create a precisely designed itinerary as the day will pass very quickly here.
El Nido is situated on Palawan island, and the easiest way to reach this amazing destination is by air. Take advantage of Jetstar online booking offers to reach the island with mind-blowing beauty! The best time to visit El Nido is from late November to March.
A day in El Nido
- You can book an island tour in advance, and start your day very early in the morning. There are four tours to pick from, and you can pick one based on what you want to see and explore.
- If you want to explore El Nido on your own, you can also rent a kayak. A great thing about kayaking is that you can look for remote islands at your own pace and can have the whole beach to yourself.
- Take a motorbike trip to Nacpan beach and enjoy the vast and varied landscape. You would pass by farms and small villages and can reach the two famous beaches, Duli Beach and Nacpan Beach.
- Another good idea to spend the day is to swim in the Secret Lagoon. The Lagoon may be small, but it seems like a paradise on Earth. Enjoy the serenity and the beauty of nature from here.
- Secret Beach is immensely popular among locals and the tourist. You can visit the beach and relax or swim in those crystal-clear waters. Find yourself surrounded by large limestone cliffs and the beach is indeed one of the best spots to explore while in El Nido.
- If you are fond of diving, you can pick from one of those popular dive sites and explore the marine life. Bacuit Bay boasts of several diving sites and is home to a wide range of beautiful marine life. However, be wary of the tides and conditions.
- If you want to enjoy the best views of Bacuit Bay, just hike up to Taraw Peak to get a bird’s eye view of the bay. Get in touch with a local tour operator to plan the trek and spend a memorable day on El Nido.
- Another good idea to include in your itinerary is to dive the underwater tunnel of Dilumacad. Commonly referred to as ‘The Tunnel,’ the 40-meter tunnel is teeming with fish and other sea life.
- Before you end your day, it is a must to go to the El Nido night market, which is very different from the other Asian night markets. The markets are packed every night and sell local merchandise and are best known for their fresh food.
- Enjoy dinner at Mezzanine Restaurant, where you can get super tasty food and traditional Filipino dishes. Dig into appetizing foods that taste very good and offer you the best value you can get.
If you have time and energy, you can fit in some more exciting activities like a visit to the shrine to the Virgin Mary or a quick hike up the rocks to enjoy some amazing views. Eat pizza at Altrove, which is another fantastic thing to do in El Nido.